In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and how it has affected our local, national, and global community, we wanted to make it easy to connect our Pitt network to the opportunities with our partners throughout Pittsburgh. Please see available opportunities listed below:
Community Tech Support Volunteer
What is a Community Tech Support Volunteer? During this crisis, many people now need to use technology for education, employment, information, and to meet with healthcare providers. To help people with their technology needs, the University of Pittsburgh is establishing a virtual Community Tech Help Desk, open to members of the public. We are looking for volunteers willing to be trained so that they can provide neighbor-to-neighbor assistance. A Tech Support Volunteer will aid in the National Response to the COVID-19 Outbreak by remotely assisting community members in:
● The use of computers and technology related to MS Office applications, e-mail, software, electronic resources and general internet applications.
● Using printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines.
● Using phone devices and tablets.
● Connecting to wi-fi networks with wireless mobile devices and laptop computers.
● Answering basic questions regarding computer usage.
● Troubleshooting minor software problems.
Sign up HERE
Things you can do on your own!
Check on your neighbors
Deliver groceries to those at risk
Make masks to donate to medical personnel
Make a donation to yourp favorite nonprofit
Donate food to organizations in your neighborhood
Be sure to social distance!